Easy Italian Salad
Easy Italian Salad Print Recipe
- Applegate Genoa Salami Slices – 1 package
- Organic Valley Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- 5 Cups Mixed Organic Greens Hearty ones, Romaine and Kale work nicely.
Dressing Topping Mix / Make Ahead
Select your favorite Jeff’s Naturals - Marinated Veggies. For this recipe, we selected:
Roasted Peppers and Onions & Marinated Artichokes (Olives or Sundried Tomatoes would also make a nice addition.)
- 4/5 of the Marinated Artichokes, Slice into segments if large
- ½ of the Jar of Roasted peppers and onions.
- 3 TBS of the marinating liquid from the jars into your bowl.
- 1 Can of Chickpeas – rinsed and drained
- Good Quality Organic Olive Oil – 3 TBS
- Fresh Herbs - Thyme ( Rosemary would also work nicely) - Fresh several stalks of each and chopped, If using dried use ½-1 teaspoon, adjust to potency of your dried spices.
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon of Dried Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
Place all ingredients in bowl that can be covered. Toss gently to combine and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to combine flavors. Adjust seasonings after marinating. Can stay in fridge for a week.
To Assemble Salad;
Plate individually or on a large shallow dish.
- Arrange lettuces
- Top with Marinated Mixture
- Add Sliced Applegate Sami -or fan on side of plate
- Sprinkle with cheese as desired.