Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites * Adapted from Print Copy
1 cup milk or alternative milk
1 cup flour (any kind, even gluten-free!)
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 head Med Cauliflower, chopped into pieces, core removed
½--1 cup buffalo or hot sauce – adjust to your heat level.
1 Tbsp. olive oil or melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine the water or soy liquid, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine your buffalo sauce and olive oil or margarine in a small bowl.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool slightly set on platter.
Serve alongside blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce
Yield: About 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup apple cider or white wine vinegar work well
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 2 tsp canola oil
Instructions: Add all ingredients to a pot, whisk until well combined. Cook over medium-high heat until just starting to bubble and thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Thin with water or vinegar, if desired. Store in an air tight bottle. Keep refrigerated