ABC Salad - Super Simple and Soul Satisfying
(Apple, Beet & Carrot Salad Recipe)
Beet, Carrot & Apple Salad Recipe
Author: Steph Gaudreau – Stupid Easy Paleo
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: Serves 6+
- 2 large RAW beets (about 1 lb / 454 g), peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots (about 8 oz / 227 g), roughly chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and roughly chopped*
- Zest & juice of 2 lemons (~1/4 cup / 59 mL of juice)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) mild-tasting olive oil
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp raw honey, optional (omit for Whole30)
- Shred the beets, carrots, and apples. I used a food processor fitted with a shredding blade, but you can also use a box grater. Works the same, but it'll just take longer. Place the shredded beets, carrots, and apples into a very large bowl.
- Zest the lemons, and add it to the bowl. I used a microplane. Cut the lemons open and squeeze out the juice into the bowl. Be sure you don't put any seeds into the salad.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, and honey (optional).
- Toss the salad well until everything is evenly combined. I use my hands because they're the best tool for the job.
- Keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days.
** Harvest Health Foods Note.... Adding A Tablespoon of grated fresh ginger will give this salad and additional kick!
*Any kind of apples will work. They don't have to be granny smith.
Food processor or box grater
Very large bowl